Thursday, September 10, 2009

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Respect is one of the main things that teachers and student need to incorporate in and out of the classroom. Without the respect of the students the teacher has a harder time helping the students learn new subjects. I think this because the without the students cooperation the teacher has to focus more on the order of the classroom then the learning of new subjects. The reason I think the teacher has to have respect for the students is that without their input or them questioning the lessons the teacher will never be able to learn what works and what doesn't with the kids. Some of the best teachers are the ones who listen to the kids and are able to respect the different ways kids learn and are able to take their suggestions without getting all high and mighty. I don't exactly remember when I was treated with respect, but I certainly remember a time when a teacher did not treat me with respect. I was in 3rd grade and my class was doing this "Jepordy" type game and it was my turn and I got a question I knew was 100% right. So when I told her my answer it was not the same as the answer she had. And because she did not respect my opinion I felt humliated in from of my peers. And because of that humliation I felt like the teacher didn't deserve my respect and therefore I didn't listen or pay attention to her for the rest of the time I had her. These reasons are why I think that respect is the most important part of teacher and student relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment